The Vann Molyvann Project Summer School 2015
June – September
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Open to the public Tuesday to Saturday 10-6pm, from 8 June – 5 September 2015 at SA SA BASSAC.
The Vann Molyvann Project: Summer School 2015 is an ambitious, participatory exercise which equally addresses invited contributors and a broad public. Students and researchers will occupy the gallery space at SA SA BASSAC in Phnom Penh for a period of three months, working amidst an evolving exhibition of models and drawings of Vann Molyvann’s designs. The space is open to the public.
Visitors are welcome to engage with the students and researchers during studio hours and throughout our public programs.
During the Summer School project, a team of Cambodian architecture students from the Royal University of Fine Arts and Norton University, joined by students from Parsons The New School for Design in New York, will undertake the following:
- Extend existing AutoCAD database of recorded buildings. Additional documentation will include:
- Pasteur Institute, Phnom Penh
- Royal Residence, Sihanoukville
- Capitol Cinema, Phnom Penh
- Campus of Phnom Penh University
- Transform CAD database into PDF-based archive of finished drawings available freely online at vannmolyvannproject.org
- Produce a physical model of the National Stadium based on our existing drawings
- Conduct interviews and record oral histories of inhabitants and users of Vann Molyvann’s buildings
- Produce travelling set of models for exhibition
Visitors to The Vann Molyvann Project: Summer School 2015 are invited to navigate through an evolving exhibition of architectural models, drawings, information panels and maps while observing the processes of students and researchers. Additional context is offered in our reading and screening room, as well as our public programs, both in the gallery and offsite.
We encourage researchers, architects, students of architecture, curators and others who are interested in The Vann Molyvann Project to participate in this summer studio. Please contact us to get involved.
The Vann Molyvann Project: Summer School 2015 is pleased to acknowledge generous funding from institutions in Cambodia and The United States: